The following provides the summarised process for obtaining FAI Garda Vetting. For the full process refer to the FAI's webpage at https://www.fai.ie/domestic/safeguarding/garda-vetting.
(1) Download and complete ALL SECTIONS of the "NVB 1 Garda Vetting Invitation 2020" form:
Club is Lough Derg Football Club
League is North Tipperary Schoolchildren's Football League
National Body and/or Provincial Association is FAI
(3) Review SECTION 4 of the "Garda Vetting ID Validation Form 2020" form and identify the necessary and appropriate ID documents to total 100 points. Make copies of your selected documents.
(4) Contact Mike Beddows @ 087 451 7579 to arrange for ID verification (SECTION 3 of the "Garda Vetting ID Validation Form 2020" form) and club sign-off.
(5) Goto https://www.fai.ie/domestic/safeguarding/garda-vetting, scroll down and click "Click here to assess the FAI Online Garda Vetting Process". Register for the "event". Complete the online form, uploading the following documents where indicated ...
- "NVB 1 Garda Vetting Invitation 2020" form
- "Garda Vetting ID Validation Form 2020" form
- Personal ID Document (as many as you need to total 100 points as indicated in Step 3 above)
(6) After "Registering" the application you will receive via email an "application tracking number" and a link to continue the vetting process. You have 30 days from submission of the application to complete vetting. It cannot be extended; you will have to start all over if you miss the deadline.
(7) Follow the link in the email to complete the vetting process. You will need ...
- List of names that you are also known as i.e. maiden name, married name, name change on divorce/separation, name change by deed poll, nickname or name you are commonly known as other than the name on your birth certificate.
- Previous addresses since birth.
- Passport Number (where applicable).
(8) Submit and wait (approximately 1 week) for the final vetting number and disclosure to the FAI.
(9) Upon receipt of garda vetting result, forward to Mike Beddows @ 087 451 7579
Contact Mike if you have any questions.