The new season is well and truly underway. All the competitive squads are in league action, the academy is going full tilt with lots of new and returning members and with the days shortening the winter training schedule has kicked in.
Here are some important steps to be ready for the new season
1. Membership is open online. Go to Lough Derg FC | Other for renewals or to take a first membership with Lough Derg FC. Membership is essential for club affiliation, insurance, and competition registration, and it's also the lifeblood of our club that we need to pay the bills and keep the lights on. Single payments or spread payments over 6 months. Sibling discount available.
2. We have recently added Jako Ireland as a kit supplier. Anyone who attended the summer camps got Lough Derg FC branded kits and gear bags. For playing kit or casual kit you can use Jako on Lough Derg FC – Jako Ireland. We still have a supplier arrangement with long-term kit provider DS Sports. If you would like something from their casual or training range you have that option too. ClubShop - Soccer - Lough Derg FC | Irish Sportswear & Sporting Equipment (dssports.ie). Our focus with kit supplier is for value and durable wear. It's also brilliant to see our members wearing our colours on and off the field. Trust me, Liverpool, United or Barcelona don’t need the revenue like your local grassroots football club does! Maybe now is the time to start thinking of Christmas orders. Wow, C word, in September! Any feedback on kit options and the service you receive is welcome.
3. The winter training schedule has kicked in. There may be some tweaking over time but for now, here is the link to the training slots. Any queries, talk to squad coaches! Lough Derg FC | Training Schedule
4. With costs rising and our club growing, we are thinking about funding future expansion. We need more playing space to meet all our members' needs. If you happen to have 5 flat dry acres free we would love to chat. Even if you don’t have land, we plan to finance future expansion through our club lotto. Every week we have a winner of the Nifty Fifty spot prize, plus 3 times recently the jackpot has been won. Our lotto subscribers have won over €17,000 in prizes in the last 3 years. You can play your part from as little as €2.50 a week here. ourgrassroots.ie/loughdergfc
5. Staying connected. It's all gone high-tech this year. FAI has rolled out the Comet app for scheduling and match updates. Also, there is the FAI Connect App for registrations and courses. We will continue to use Clubzap for communicating with squads members and arranging fixtures etc. You can keep up to speed with everything that’s happening in our club on Facebook and Instagram. All I need now is someone to take on TikTok for Lough Derg FC and we have all the socials covered!
Folks, it's your club and your and your children’s experience. The committee and volunteers do all we can to set up for success, safety, inclusion and fun. If you have any feedback, good or bad, or would like to play an active role in the running of our club, on or off the pitch, we would love to hear from you! Who is who is on our committee page? See Lough Derg FC | Contact
Here's to a wonderful new season!
Ray Hickey, for Lough Derg FC